As a past UCLan student (I studied at the Preston location), I’m super excited to be able to share something exciting that’s happening in Burnley – the home of the other UCLan university!
A collaboration between one of the UK’s best fashion retailers, Boohoo.com, and Burnley.Social is taking place on Saturday November 17th – the first of many Burnley.Social events in the town.
The Big Burnley Clothes Swap is in collab with Boohoo and allows all you fashionistas to come along, bring some clothes you no longer love, and swap them for items other people have brought along!
It’s going to be a fun, fashion filled day of swapping clothes, getting bits from Boohoo, you can even indulge and have your hair & make-up done, listen to DJ’s, take photos for your Instagram, use the dedicated Snapchat filter… literally so much fun! I’ll be there from 11 am, and I’ll be armed with my own clothes to swap up for some others too!
It’s a ticket event, in which you can look into these and purchase here.
Here’s exactly what will happen at the clothes swap:
• Everyone who attends can bring a maximum of 5 pieces of clothes from their own wardrobes and can swap them for the same amount of ‘new’ clothes to take home
• There will be 2 time slots – morning 11am – 1pm and afternoon 2pm – 4pm
• There are 100 tickets available to purchase for each time slot
• Clothing will be colour coded – e.g. if you bring a dress, you will be able to swap it for something that is categorised in the same colour e.g. it is of similar value• Boohoo have kindly donated surplus sample stock for this event, so in addition to swapping clothes, each person will be able to take home at least one piece from Boohoo.
• Tickets are available to buy online, they are £5 each
• All proceeds from the ticket sales will go to Pendleside Hospice
You get a sassy tote bag with swapped items too!
A few other things to note…
All items brought along must be clean and damage free. The event reserve the right to refuse any items which are not to a satisfactory standard. There will be no changing rooms on site – so please don’t expect to be able to try on outfits in privacy. All items are ‘swapped’ as seen – Boohoo and Burnley Social will not accept any returns or refunds.
On the day there will be light refreshments available to purchase in addition to and not included in the entry fee. By purchasing a ticket, you agree for your images to be used across social and traditional media channels, including on our website
What is Burnley.Social?
Established in 2018, Burnley.Social comprises of a website – www.burnley.social – YouTube channel, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, shining the spotlight on the latest events, news, people and places in the town. Burnley.Social is here to keep you in the loop with the latest hidden gems, urban eateries, music events, rising stars and more.
It would be AMAZING to see some of you there!