My friends and family sure do know me well. When I was gifted a Charlotte Tilbury voucher for Christmas and again for my birthday (yes, both occasions!) you couldn’t go wiping that smile off my face if you tried.
My recent Charlotte Tilbury purchase is this beautiful ‘Instant Look in a Palette’ in shade Seductive, which I bought for 1) for my own personal use, and 2) for when I do my makeup artistry for brides, bridesmaids or general occasions. The palette literally has you covered for creating sultry eyes and a striking highlight and contour, all encased in a glamorous mirrored palette.
So lets explore a little further…
This special little palette is also known as your ‘5 minute face on the go’, basically because you have 3 perfect shades which can create a number of different eye makeup looks. There’s also a bronzing contour shade for under the cheek bones, a glowing highlight for above, and two pretty swirls of pink blush colours for that rosy look.
Each colour block provides the following:
1. Eye Brighten: A youthful brightening eye shadow in a colour correcting , brightening pale rose hue to prime the surface of the eyelid for an all-day application. – this is a luminous pearl/champagne shade
2. Eye Enhance: Adds a dreamy dimension to the eye lid in a natural glowing champagne shade that illuminates the eyelid – this is a light smokey grey
3. Eye Smoke: For softly defined eyes in a universally flattering taupe shade, that can be built up to a very natural smokey eye – this one is a warm smoked brown shade
4. Face Bronzer: To define the cheekbone hollows, jawline and nose shape in an all-natural, all skin tone bronze colour in my best-selling Filmstar Bronze & Glow formula – this shade is a gorgeous deep bronze, without the shimmer
5. Cheek Swish: For a healthy, happy glow in a tea rose hue to be applied on the apple of the cheek and blended out – a lovely fresh peachy pink
6. Cheek Pop: For a natural lit-from-within glow, an uplifting pretty pink to be applied to the apple of the cheeks – a brightening pop of pink
7. Face Highlighter: Candlelight for the skin in a candlelit shade to be applied to the outer C-section of the cheekbones, down the nose, on the bow of the lips and inner corners of the eyes – This is a subtle shimmery cream coloured highlight.
The photos above were taken on two different nights, both using the palette to create subtle and slightly more ‘wow’ makeup looks. The ‘seductive’ palette is ideal for me, as I love a combination of soft greys and browns as they make my blue eyes pop, and the pink shades aren’t too bold either – much more fresher and blendable.
The palette costs £49.99, and it’s bound to last me a long long time. The best bit about it is that I found it to be my favourite makeup essential for my travels – I didn’t bring any other eye shadows, blushers, contour kits or highlighters. I even used a fine eyeliner brush dipped into the brown shade and lined my eyes for a smudgey, natural eyeliner look.
Now to spend the rest of my vouchers…