Just a quick little post today on WhatEmmaDid to share with you the most simple yet healthy cookie recipe that is not only sugar free, but also gluten free and dairy free! It involves just 3 little ingredients, so is also a cheap and cheerful snack to make. I am not the best baker or cook out there for sure, so if I can make these taste yummy, you sure can too! I have lately been trying to limit the amount of sugar and wheat that I eat, although the problem here is that I have a massive sweet tooth. Luckily, these cookies have natural sugars which sort out my sugar cravings!
Additionals: Throw in a handful of mixed nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit i.e dates, coconut… up to you!
1. Grind oats in a blender for no longer than 15 seconds – this is just to make the oats finer and resemble a more ‘flour’ texture.
2. Mix oats with the 2 chopped bananas in a bowl, and mash away at the bananas.
3. As you are mashing, add 3 teaspoons of natural peanut butter. This is also the time to add in any extras.
4. Mix until the mixture is quite doughy and a little sticky-ish, then spoon out portions onto a greased or lined baking tin into cookie shapes.
5. Bake for 15 mins on 200 degrees.
Viola! Healthy, sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free cookies! Or you can place whole mixture into a cake tin and make a flapjack (that’s what I did last night and I am eating for today’s lunch!) Oh and YES my bowl is chipped – I told you I am no perfectionist 😉