I recently shared a photo on my Insta Stories yesterday of my iced coffee/latte at home, and got so many questions! Lots of you fled into my DM’s to ask how to make this really easy at home – without a professional coffee machine.
So, I thought I’d share how I make iced coffee at home the really easy way.
You will need
- x2 teaspoons of instant coffee (I use Beanies Creamy Caramel for flavour)
- 100ml boiling water
- 100ml milk of choice
- Syrup of choice if you wish
- Sweetener, if you wish
- Ice cubes
- A blender – I use the Nutribullet
- Pour 100ml boiling water over two teaspoons of instant coffee. Beanies flavoured coffee is fabulous, just 2 cals and no sugar, yet gives a sweetened taste to iced coffees
- Add this to the blender when cooled. Then fill up with 100ml of milk of choice. I use soya milk, and you can also add as much as you like.
- Add either a shot of syrup or a sweetener/sprinkle of sweetener at this point, and throw in a handful of ice cubes
- Top up with extra milk at this point if the coffee mixture looks too strong
- Add a little bit of cold water
- Blend for 30 seconds!
The beauty is you can tailor it to how you prefer it. If you want it stronger, reduce the water/milk. If you want it creamier and milkier, add more milk. If you want it sweeter, add sugar/syrup.
It pours out slightly frothy, and when left for a few minutes, the froth expands, giving you a barrister style iced coffee. And it’s sooooo chilled too!