As we all know, the purse strings are tight in January. And so are our trousers too. But us foodies don’t care about that. What we care about is the food offers and promotions available in Manchester throughout January!
Which is why I’ve decided to round up some of the best discounts, deals and offers that Manchester’s restaurants and bars have to offer.
As some of the city’s best restaurants are offering half price food and bargain drink deals throughout the month of January, you can wave goodbye to those January blues.
So join me forgetting the New Year health kick, and indulge in the array of offers. Happy Hunting!
- The Refuge – Based at The Palace Hotel, this new favourite eatery is offering 50% off in January. Apparantly, the small plates are amazing!
- San Carlo Fumo – Get 50% off throughout January. Note: only available til 5pm on Saturday
- Almost Famous – The diner is offering a burger (available on the Triple Nom, River Phoenix, Famous or Veggie Burgers) together with fries and a drink for £10 every weekday from 12-5pm throughout January.
- The Alchemist – If you book online throughout Jan, you can get 50% off food at the New York Street haunt and Spinningfields destination.
- Artisan – A personal favourite Spinningfields restaurant of mine! This January they are offering 50% off when booked online.
- Grill On The Alley and New York Street – Offering 50% off food when booked online, excluding Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Gusto – This rustic Italian eaterie is serving up half price food when booked online. Includes the Didsbury, Cheadle and Alderley Edge restaurants, excluding Friday and Saturdays after 4pm.
- The Botanist – Book online to receive 50% off food when booked online. Any one tried their famous hanging kebabs?
- Scene – An amazing Indian restaurant in Spinningfields (you can read my review here). The offer is not available at lunchtimes and does not include drinks or desserts. Diners must have their online booking reference to hand when they arrive, and quote “Scene50” to claim the deal.
- Reds True BBQ – Based on Lloyd Street, you can get some incredible two for one offers on burgers and fries meals.
- Busaba – The Thai restaurant at The Printworks is offering half price food throughout January when you sign up online or via the app. The deal is available from Sunday to Thursday, between January 2 and February 2.
- Yo! Sushi – The sushi chain’s Yo! Festival is back this January, offering a line-up of 48 dishes all at the bargain blue plate price of £2.80 – saving up to 40% off the normal cost.
- Cane and Grain – Excluding Saturdays, this Thomas Street rum and ribs joint Cane and Grain is wishing customers a happy New Year with half price food throughout January when they sign up to the mailing list.
- Crazy Pedro’s – The best pizza place in Manchester! (Check out my thoughts here) Normally only available 5-9pm from Sunday to Friday, the original Bridge Street pizzeria and the new Northern Quarter branch on Church Street will both be extending their happy hours to offer pizzas for £10 and slices for £2 throughout January.
- Iberica – The Spinningfields Spanish restaurant Iberica is giving 50% off its a la carte menu throughout January. The offer is available at lunch time (11.30am to 4pm) Monday to Sunday, and at dinner (until 11pm) from Sunday to Thursday for groups of up to six
Common – Sign up as a member at Common and receive a third off your bill throughout January
- Tattu – Once signed up, The Dockyard at Spinningfields, MediaCity and their new First Street stablemate The Gasworks Brewbar are all treating diners to half price food throughout January.
- RosyLee – The Stevenson Square bistro is knocking 50% off food throughout January, including its famous Sunday roasts.
- Wahaca – It’s Taco Tuesday at Mexican chain Wahaca. Diners at the Corn Exchange restaurant can experience a plate of tacos for £1 when they order at least one other dish from the menu.
- Thaikhun– Another favourite of mine (take a read here) When you book online, this Thai gem is offering 40 per cent off the a la carte menu this month.
- The Fitzgerald – It’s all about the Gin! At the 1920’s speakeasy style bar, it means double G&Ts for £5 throughout the month, with a different specialty gin on offer each week.
- Black Dog – All three sites are offering 50% off food.
- Infamous Diner – Enjoy 50% off food Monday to Friday
- Carluccio’s – Diners can enjoy tucking into a main meal for just £1 when they buy another full-priced main at the Italian chain Carluccio’s during January.
- Tariff and Dale – From 5pm-7pm in January, NQ joint Tariff and Dale are slashing 50% off the menu.
- The Restaurant Bar and Grill – his prestigious restaurant is offering diners to dine any time during January and members will get 50% of what they spend on food back as loyalty card points to cash in in February. New members will also get £20 loaded onto their card as a welcome gift – and existing members can also claim £20 as a reward.
- The Pen and Pencil– This brunching favourite is offering half price food through January
- The Blue Pig – Monday-Fridays, 12-9, The Blue Pig are offering 50% off food (excluding steak), with happy hour drinks from 5-7 Mon-Thursday
- The Abel Heywood – The Northern Quarter pub and boutique hotel is rewarding customers with half price food in January.
- Las Iguanas – As lots of eateries are taking part in ‘Veganuary’, South American chain Las Iguanas has decided to join in! They are offering two-for-one vegan mains from Sunday to Thursday throughout January.Zizzi – An offer for the vegans! Zizzi are dishing up two-for-one vegan mains throughout January, from Sunday to Thursday, with dishes including vegan pizzas, lentil ragu and even gelato.
- Neighbourhood – 50% off food, but book online to get this offer
- Dive NQ – 55% off main meals throughout January.
So…take your pick, tuck in, and enjoy saving those pennies!