As the majority of my readers know, I’ve recently started a small clothing business which sits under the whatemmadid.com brand. I haven’t yet brought it to the stage where I have been able to physically brand the clothing, so I wanted to feature this post which highlights some important pointers for clothing businesses and start-ups to consider when looking at branding their collections. Strategically, there’s no better way to make your company name recognizable than a dynamic brand through options like beautifully articulated embroidery or heat seal.
What do the following have in common? Apple, Coca-Cola, Starbucks, Microsoft, Google, IBM, McDonalds, Samsung, Toyota, GE, Disney, AT&T, Amazon, Louis Vuitton, BMW, Oracle, Nike, Intel, Wal-Mart, Verizon, American Express, Honda, Mercedes Benz, and Budweiser.
You probably have figured it out: according to Forbes magazine, those are the top brands in the world. No small business owner believes they’ll suddenly gain similar brand recognition, but those iconic brands can certainly provide inspiration. Building your brand directly correlates to building your business.
Without a huge marketing budget (and really, what small business has one?), it’s smart to strategize carefully and think about what you are able to do – what’s feasible, given your business and resources. Critically, you must have a goal in mind. What do you want your branding to do? What is important to you in creating a distinctive brand? In addition to the physical brand itself (the brainstorming, creation, design and execution) what is important to you? You may be surprised to know that there are brands that evoke certain emotions and feelings. Yes, it’s manipulative, but that is the intention. Clothing suppliers UK can provide invaluable services which help with your clothing brand with the following options:
- Embroidery is a colorful and eye-catching way to publicize your brand, as it can enhance clothing or uniforms.
- Company logos
- Company emblems
- Clothing Suppliers UK will identify requirements of the project, based on the number of stiches and threads and provide a quote, with respect to size, garment type and turn-around time.
- Hottest, new means of promoting a company and its image
- Produces full photographic quality images on clothing
- Not only primary colors, but beyond
- Garments can be printed matte, gloss, raised text, glittered, glow-in-the-dark and more
- Provide supplier with company logo, emblem or your choice of design
- How many do you need?
- What type of garment will this be used on?
- Your image can be kept on “record” so that new and/or replacement garments can be created
- LithoPlastisol: popular and versatile, it combines lithographic offset links and a back-up plastisol white, and allows the production of cold peel transfers of almost photographic quality. LithoPolytran transfers can be applied to more difficult fabrics, Neoprene and some nylons and items such as draw string bags, tents, and CD holders.
- LithoPolytran: combines benefits of lithography and silkscreen, with full tonal range and clarity of full color litho. Most versatile transfer system suitable for wide variety of fabrics his process takes away the cost of having to order different processes to cover all your needs
- Litho Glitter Plastisol: popular with High Street retailer and fashion house markets, extremely versatile, it can be combined with four-color screen, litho print, flat color or glow-in-the-dark. Glitter available for matt and gloss; process works for both light and dark fabrics
- Polytran: the process is extremely versatile and works on light, dark and other colors of fabric, and can be used on t-shirts to bags.
- Plastisol: adhesive backer can be modified; glitter can be incorporated and is viable for more traditionally “difficult” fabrics like Neoprene, some nylons, and for items like drawstring bags, tents and CD holders.
- Hots: colors are applied directly onto dark garments (no flash process and opacity is increased). Completed project is soft to the touch and can contain more than seven colors.
- Glow in the Dark
- Matt& Glass Plastisol
- Standard Opaque
- Standard Glitter
- Standard Clear
- Universal Opaque
- Universal Metallic
- Universal Sub Block
- Multi-Colored Flock
- Metallic Foil
- Gloss Glitter
Branded Work Wear
- Looks professional
- Gets your company logo to the masses
- A uniform eliminates the dress code
- Uniforms promote security
- Reliable Image
- Work Culture
- Promotes recognition
- Sets you apart from competition
- Tells people about the brand
- Motivates the direction of staff
- Generate referrals
- Customer expectations are set
- Represents you and your promise to customers