I’m trying to step up my tanning game lately, although haven’t been doing the best job. For Summer, I tend to use a gradual body lotion tan, that I can apply every time I get out from the shower, and let it build up and remain through the warmer months. That way, when an occasion arises where it comes to flashing my skin, I don’t have to prepare.
However, that’s how my ‘ideal world’ works. In reality, I’m in that much of a rush I hardly make the time to pamper my skin and give it that glowing gradual tan. So welcome on board my new fail safe: Skinny Tan Express Mousse from Skinny Tan.
This is an express version of Skinny Tan’s Self Tan Mousse, which works by developing a warm bronzed look within an hour. You spritz onto the skin, leave on for the desired amount of time, and shower off to reveal a darker look. You can leave it on for 1, 2 or 3 hours, depending on how dark you wish to be. Sounds simple enough, although I usually shy away from express tans in fear of not being happy with the end result.
However, with this product, I’ve gave it a go and I’m overly happy so far! It still has that heavenly tropical scent the majority of Skinny Tan products have, and as well as providing a quick solution to looking amazingly tanned, it also helps disguise visible signs of cellulite too with its organic oils and skin-loving ingredients.
Here are some of the natural, un-edited ‘before’ photos which show how pale and pasty I am…
Since posting about the Express Mousse and the Tanning Primer on my Instagram last week, I’ve had a lot of people asking me what my honest opinion is. I genuinely love this product , and I’m surprised how easy it is to use and get great results. I simply spritzed on a light coating (because I was a little dubious), massaged it in with a tanning mitt, and left it on for 1.5 hours.
You choose the shade of tan you want by leaving the tan on for up to 3 hours before showering. I just wanted to trial a lighter colour first.
The below show my ‘after’ photos, using just a light coating and 1.5 hours to develop…
- The Express Mousse is an easy-to-apply organic coconut mousse that develops to a ready-to-wear colour within an hour of application.
- It enables users to choose the depth of their tan by choosing the amount of time it is left to develop i.e can be removed after 1 hour but leave for 2/3 hours to develop a deeper tan.
The Best Way to Use:
- Step 1 – exfoliate your skin in the shower with the Skinny Tan exfoliating mitt and pre-tan primer to help create a smooth surface to apply your tanner.
- Step 2 – simply spritz onto your skin and smooth over with the Skinny Tan Tanning mitt or roller. Make sure all the skin you want to tan has now been bronzed.
- Step 3 – For hands and feet, take the Skinny Tan mitt and pat with an almost solution free Mitt to give a natural softness to the resulting tan in these areas.
- Step 4 – Leave to develop for 1, 2 or 3 hours depending on the shade of tan you want.
- Step 5– Shower as usual to rinse off the guide bronzer revealing your flawless, streak-free tan.
You can purchase Skinny Tan from Superdrug for £27.99