Today I wanted to share with you my favorite lipstick, from no other than everyone’s fave brand, MAC. I love MAC make-up, but when it comes to lipsticks, I love swapping colours everyday so I tend to find alternative cheaper brands to give me a bigger collection (as you’ll know from my post about MUA cosmetics). However, this is an all time love of mine and I wanted to share it with you in case your toying with the idea of using a sheer, ‘nude’ pink type colour but a little scared to take the plunge. I wear this when I wanted a break from my harsh bright reds, and I always get compliments!
It’s a beautiful glossy, sheer pale pink shade, that glides on with a sheen and leaves your lips looking luscious It’s actually a really popular shade – justGoogle it and it’s all over the internet! I wanted to review it just so that I can share my genuine love for the product and also so that MAC never discontinue it. God forbid.
1. It suits all skin tones. I am fair skinned with blonde hair and it doesn’t wash me out. It sits really nice with a tad of pink blusher and creamy foundation, although I have seen it look striking on darker skins. In fact, when you do have a review search online, everyone with olive skin raves about it.
2. Its the perfect pinky nude shade. It won’t sit on your lips like a concealer type nude shade, which I have seen before.
3. It doesn’t last that long on your lips – I do find myself reapplying it a number of times a day (the products only fault).
4. However, it is £15.5o and lasts forever in the tube- even with lots of reapplying. I have had mine for 2 years so far, can you believe it!?
5. It smells way too good you just want to eat it. For dessert mainly, as it scented very sweet like cupcakes!
6. Available from MAC online and all department stores that retail the brand such as Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and selected Debenhams and House of Fraser.
I’ll leave you wish my usual ‘disclaimer’ I like to put on my posts which informs you about my photography on the blog (‘I’m a blogger with an iPhone and no time to photoshop myself. Therefore the photos you see are 100% grainy, raw and real..) Unfortunately I don’y have an amazing camera, or a tripod, or the space to take fantastic blogger shots, so everything is done ‘raw and real’ with my little iPhone 4!
If you want to jazz up your lipstick collection and introduce a new nude shade, I strongly recommend this product. You will fall in love with it!